Monday, September 21, 2009

Team Hoyt - Father and Son

Video #1


Video #2


Dick and Rick Hoyt Inspirational Life Story:

Who they are:

Dick and Rick Hoyt are a father-and-son team from Massachusetts who together compete just about continuously in marathon races. And if they’re not in a marathon they are in a triathlon — that daunting, almost superhuman, combination of 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of bicycling, and 2.4 miles of swimming. Together they have climbed mountains, and once trekked 3,735 miles across America. For the complete inspirational story

Their Background:

Rick was born in 1962 as a spastic quadriplegic, cerebral palsy, non-speaking person. The ability of his mind and person have always been strong, and his family have been hearty supporters of his quest for independence and inclusion in community activities, sports, school and the workplace. Rick is a graduate of Boston University. For the complete inspirational story

Story #1


Story #2


Story #3


Stories from people inspired by Dick & Rick Hoyt!
______________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sure you get these emails every day, so one more can't hurt.

I wanted to let you know that you are quite the pair, and my hat is off to you both.

Dick, you know that you are the premier father of all time, for the dedication that you show to your son, and obviously you are one hell of an athlete. I never thought the word 'determination' needed to be redefined, but apparently you did. You make me begin to believe what is possible.

Rick, as much as I am impressed with your dad, I want you to know that you have had a much more tremendous impact on me today. As I reviewed your website and saw the laundry list of accomplishments, I found myself in awe of all of the physical things you two had done together. But I was also surprised by the academic goals you have attained. For the complete inspirational story
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Dick and Rick,

I just felt compelled to write you a note of thanks.

After being medically discharged from the Army in the 90's following a leg injury, I was at a pretty sad crossroads in my life, when I watched a documentary in the early hours of the morning in the UK, that charted your Iron man.

I remember crying more that night than I have ever done in my life! It made me realize that no matter what life throws at you, you can still do whatever you want. it just takes a little more effort and a truck load of determination. So that's what I did, I found a direction, and more importantly my spark I picked myself up and built a career, and more importantly a family. For the complete inspirational story

References:
http://www.teamhoyt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment